Saturday, January 10, 2009

A thought about googling....

I knock myself all the time for googling things and trying to diagnose everyone in my family with something via google. But after having a convo with Bry today in the car, I am glad I google.

Sitting in a chair listening to a doctor telling you something is wrong with your child is scary. So scary, one does not really hear everything the doctor is trying to say. I now realize that by my research prior to the consultation with the doctor, I might be able to control that situation a little better than I did the last time. I do realize that by self diagnosing via google that worst case scenario is the one that you will find the most often, but I think that better prepares me for what the doctor will tell me. And maybe this is the only way I can control this situation. And even if it isn't, I am learning a lot of medical info along the way. :)

1 comment:

  1. I google everything a lot.

    I'm like you that way, I prepare myself for the worst. That way if it happens perhaps I will be a tiny bit more prepared for it. <3

    ReplyDelete