Friday, January 16, 2009

And the tears fall like rain...

The moment has come. The moment everyone said would come. The moment that I knew would happen. The moment that a part of me felt would never happen. This moment was so amazing and I didn't even realize that it was the moment until hours later. And from that moment every time I think or say out loud what happened, the tears start falling.

What is this wonderful moment, you ask? Did W's test come back normal? Did W finally stop pooing all day, every day? Did he finally start talking? Did his new leg assistance get approved? Oh, none of those things happened. But it was so much better than all of them!!

My baby of 16 months, used his walker and walked by himself!! The longest he has gone is 5 steps but I will take it!!

It really is crazy how emotional I am about this. I remember when B first started walking, I didn't even cry a single tear. I just knew it would happen one day, and didn't see a real reason to get emotional, I guess. But things are so much different right now. I can't believe I actually saw him walk. This is one of the best days of my life.

I love when W accomplishes something. It takes away my anger about the whole situation for a little while. It brings a little more peace to my heart. And really makes me thank God for giving me W.

4 comments:

  1. Oh how wonderful!!
    THAT is indeed a wonderful moment!

    YAY for him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!!!!!!
    What a beautiful and wonderful moment!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Nina! I have tears just reading this!!! I am so happy for you and your little man!!

    Cori

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy for you Nina! Congrats to your little fighter!

    ReplyDelete